Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Australian Wild Camel Corporation Pty Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Summer Land Camels”) and or Summer Land Camels Staff reserve the Right to cancel camel rides or modify any aspect of camel rides in the interests of guest, staff and camel safety and/or animal welfare.
2. The number of persons per camel is limited to two persons and/or 100kg total weight.
3. Guests with medical conditions and disabilities will be accommodated to the best of our ability. However, in the interest of guest safety it should be noted that all guests are required to be able to mount the camel unaided.
4. Guests believed by Summer Land Camel Staff as being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance or medication that may impede their cognitive or physical function will be refused participation in camel rides without refund.
5. By booking this camel ride guests understand and acknowledge that:
a. Camel riding is a dangerous activity and Guests can be injured participating in camel rides.
b. Every Guest booked on a camel ride will ride at their own risk. Supervising Adults of children acknowledge and accept this risk on behalf of children as the children’s legal parent or guardian.
c. Camels can act in an unpredictable or changeable way especially if frightened or hurt.
d. Riding gear can break and fail or can give the appearance of being correctly fitted yet isn’t.
e. The ground can be rough, uneven and slippery, especially after wet weather.
f. The camel could throw the Guest or could brush the Guest up against trees or other objects.
g. Injury or death may arise from these dangerous activities.
h. Every Guest booked on a camel ride will pay due regard for the safety of other riders, staff, and camels.
i. Every Guest booked on a camel ride must always wear a safety helmet when riding.
j. In addition to usual and inherent risks associated with camel rides, there are certain additional risks and dangers which may include: physical exertion for which a Guest may not be prepared, remoteness to normal medical services, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change and evacuation difficulties if the Guest is disabled.
6. In consideration of Summer Land Camels accepting a guest’s application and payment for a camel ride, and Summer Land Camels permitting the Guest to go on the camel ride, the Guest agrees to release Summer Land Camels from all liability and assumption of risk. Guests waive any and all claims they may now and in the future have against Summer Land Camels, and release from all liability and agree not to sue Summer Land Camels and it’s officers, employees, guides, agents or representatives (collectively Summer Land Camels Staff) for any personal injury, death, property damage, or loss sustained by the Guest as a result of the Guests participation in a camel ride due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation, negligence on the part of Summer Land Camels or Summer Land Camels Staff. Guests agree to accept all the inherent risks of the proposed camel ride and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom.
7. Guests agree that if they suffer injury or illness during a camel ride Summer Land Camels can, at the guest’s expense, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation services as the Summer Land Camels Staff deem essential for the guest’s safety.
8. Guests agree that they are not relying on any oral, written, visual or other inducement or coercion by Summer Land Camels and/or Summer Land Camels Staff to go on a camel ride and hence do so of their own free will.
9. The Guest confirms that they are at an age of legal consent (that is 18 years or older in Australia) and that they have read and understand the Terms and Conditions and Waiver forming this Agreement prior to purchasing the camel ride and agree that this Agreement will be binding upon the Guest’s heirs, next of kin, executors, administration and successors. The Guest also agrees that the Guests parent and or guardian will read and understand this Agreement prior to purchasing the camel ride if the guest is under 18 years of age.
10. The Guest confirms that if the Guest is purchasing the camel ride as the parent and or guardian for a person under the legal age of consent, that the child must be minimum age 4 for a children’s camel ride.
11. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken to prevent accident and injury, Summer Land Camels (The Australian Wild Camel Corporation Pty Limited) and Summer Land Camels Staff will not be responsible for any accident or injury, damage or loss and this condition of Contract may be pleaded by Summer Land Camels (The Australian Wild Camel Corporation Pty Limited) and Summer Land Camels Staff as a bar to any action proceeding for breach of Contract, negligence or any other liability sustained such as injury, damage or loss.
12. The guest agrees that they have read and understood this Terms, Conditions and Waiver.
13. All guests will be required to sign a Waiver of Liability Form on the day to the camel ride.
14. Our cancellation policy is 24 hours. You are free to amend your booking at no charge or cancel your booking with a full refund if we have been given more than 24 hours’ notice. If you cancel within 24 hours of the confirmed camel riding time no refund will be provided. Refunds will not be issued to Guests who are ‘no-shows’. Extenuating circumstances requiring refunds will be assessed on a case by case basis.